WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Monday, November 27, 2023

Abandoned morning/ Pleasing afternoon, Ogden.

 

                                Kingfisher in usual spot

                            Special... 2 Little Egret in from the south


                                    In the trees , west bank


                                How do birds this size get into deep trees ?


                                Nuthatch on feeders.

The morning watch had to be abandoned due to thick fog with very heavy rain followed by sleet and snow. Early afternoon was brighter with some light drizzle on a cool N>2.
     A low expectation visit to Ogden this afternoon turned out to be a good decision, which is usually the case when you are expecting nothing. Very quiet on arrival with 2 Herring, 3 Common and 6 BH gulls on the water whilst the Kingfisher was down in the sluice gate area. I was just going to head back to he car park when the dogs started sniffing around, which luckily stopped me, and as I turned round 2 Little Egret were overhead coming in high from the south. They dropped down half way on the west back out of sight, so thinking they must be on the waters edge near the Alder trees, I headed on the west bank track. To my surprise, as I got near the Alders, both birds were up in the trees, one at each side of the track. I just got some distant photos in time before 2 joggers ran below the trees and flushed them.
     They flew low over the water where I lost them, as I was still in the trees, but when I got to a clearing I could see them, again in trees above the north bank. I walked back to the promenade where I could still see them settled near together where they remained as I left.
    A single Nuthatch was on the info centre feeders which just rounded the watch off nicely.
     Wall to wall sunshine promised for tomorrow on a light N turning NW then W at 0 degrees early morn.
BS