WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Saturday, October 28, 2023

Fog, Its a mean old scene./ A new toy added to the camera gear.

                                    1.4 Tele Converter.

Dense fog every bit of the day up here in the gods courtesy of a light E>1 at 7 degrees. Hopefully the stronger sou'westerly will move the fog for morning but I,m not holding my breath.
     One good report today from Queensbury birder Mark Murray, with a single Brambling on his garden feeders along with Chaffinch, Greenfinch and a Nuthatch. Marks garden is the one that got the unforgettable Firecrest a few years ago.
      I,ve added a new piece of kit to my camera gear today, now that my 600mm is no more. Its the Canon 1.4 tele converter 3 which, fitted to my Canon 300mm lens will take the focal length to 420mm plus my Canon 7d mk2 is a 1.6 crop factor camera which takes me out to 672mm. The converter loses you one stop of light which can be overcome with iso, plus its slightly slower on the auto focus but the 7d is mega fast so it shouldnt be a problem. The Mk3 converter is suppose to be far superior to its predecessors' 1 and 2 which hopefully it is as its now 5 times the price that I paid for my first Mk1.
     As you would have seen from my recent Common Scoter photos, 300mm is not enough magnification for the distances I am working at Fly Flatts so I,m hoping this puts things right.
    All I need now is the fog to clear and a few good birds.
BS