WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Saturday, May 23, 2015

Patience is the name of the game. Soil Hill Sedge Warbler

    A long long wait but paid off in the end, Sedge Warbler.








Patience was the name of the game today with a late afternoon visit to Soil Hill with the sole purpose of getting some pics of the Sedge Warbler after last weekends fail.
Weather conditions were good with little wind and patchy sunshine so that was a good start , now for the patience bit which unfortunately I,m a bit short of.
I got squat down in what I thought was a good position and the wait was on.
Two meat and potato pies, a Kit Kat and 5 Digestive biscuits later swilled down with a bottle of water the birds started to appear.
Just a tip , digestive biscuits are not a wise choice when laying in wait for a photo, I got crumbs down the wrong hole causing a coughing fit which threw the wait back 15 minutes although it did flush a Snipe not 30 yards from me.
First birds to appear were Reed Buntings and Whitethroats which I had to ignore and wait for my target bird.
Suddenly , half a call then the bird started to appear, distant to start with then moving closer but very mobile in and out of the brambles. Once or twice it posed for me briefly, mostly when I was swopping the lenses for faster focusing but after around 20 minutes I had got what I wanted so I quietly snook away with a beam on my face.  What a great bird.
BS