WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 HRS.

ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES, INPUT ETC WILL BE WELCOME AND CAN BE SENT DIRECT TO THE COMMENT BOX OR
E MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, ALTERNATIVELY
TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ogden early evening

                                     Ogden last light.

                          Had to get the flash out for these.

The last after work evening birding session till March with light running out nearly as quick as I arrived at Ogden and next weekend the lights go out altogether when we put the clocks back, sorry Tracy, I know thats a touchy subject for you.
1 female Wigeon was out in the centre of the water and the Dipper and Grey Wagtail were down in the overflow, otherwise all quiet with all the gulls and Cormorants moved on to roost.
A group of 5 Goosander flew over >N in almost darkness showing that the TMR winter roost has started.
Nothing to report during the day today with near gale force westerley winds and driving rain showers.
BS

4 comments:

Tracy C said...

My comment didnt save! I said it makes me cry that I drive to work and home in the dark and see nothing for months!

I have my fingers crossed for a waxwing sighting this year.

Brian Sumner . said...

Depressing isnt it.
Waxwing sightings were poor last winter, lets hope for a bumper year this time.

NigelK said...

Good on yer for givin it a go under the prevailing conditions, I couldn't face it.

Tracy C said...

It is depressing. I didn't see mention of any sightings in this area last year. Fingers crossed for this year.