WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Monday, November 14, 2016

Ogden, Pintails hang on in there.

                Female Goosander on the water
  Pintails there for the second day.




                                 Poor pics in fast fading light

With dense fog from midday on up here in the gods I was lucky that Ogden was just below the cloud base although at 1500 hrs it was very dull light with a strong WNW>5 driving horizontal drizzle over the water but not hearing anything about the Ogden Pintails I thought I,d better give it a go .
                                                         A scan from the prom found nothing ,but Mallards were spread all around the waters edge which did,nt make matters easy. With limited time against the fading light I started on the east side and walked on as far as the passerine alley watch point having a good scan through the little groups of Mallards with no luck, apart from the Little Grebe and a female Goosander, and was ready for thinking they had gone, as I would have expected, when I picked out 2 ducks near the NW corner dabbling in the waters edge.
After a bit of eye straining I could just make out the white flash up the head of the male. Got em, they were still here.
                       A marathon dash now round to the nw corner to find nothing. A search of all the shoreline and the water produced just a few Mallard so it was a dash down the west side checking the shoreline all the way down as I started to disbelieve that I had even seen them.
Back on the prom and the light seriously fading a final scan round and again I picked them out back where I had started from near passerine alley.
 This was getting beyond a joke but I was passed the point of no return now so a second marathon back down the east side where I finally got to a gap in the hedges to find them near the shore and just enough light to get a few record snaps once I had got my breath back enough to hold the camera steady.
                                                                    Job done and head for home with a smile like a Cheshire cat. Its sessions like this that make me love birding.
BS