WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Tuesday, August 16, 2016

NKs Bradshaw Redstart hunt.

      No, this isnt a Redstart but I had to do something
                        whilst I was waiting.
                         Thanks to the Wren for keeping me entertained.

Early evening and off to Blind Lane, Bradshaw to seek out NKs earlier sighting of a Redstart.
Once I was in the immediate area a phone call to Nigel for final instructions where I was only 20 yds away from the birds last position. Nigel directed me to the area and said look across into the edge of the garden which I did and to our amazement there it was, how did you do that Nigel ?
By the time I put the phone and bins down to raise the camera it flicked just around the corner out of sight.
From here it all went pear shaped with a chain of events which stopped me getting the shot I was after.
Twenty minutes wait and just as a lady with her 2 Grandsons was coming to see what I was looking for the Redstart appeared in the same spot. Hello she shouted, goodbye the Redstart shouted back again flicking out of sight.
When she had gone another 15 minutes wait and the bird came partially into view just as a man with a barking dog arrived , exit the Redstart again.
With the sun now going down I thought I,ll just give it another 15 minutes when the lady and boys reappeared armed with a bird book for me to show them the bird.
With that it was enough is enough and head for home.

The sting in the tail is, when I got home and read NKs blog he reported a female Redstart whereas mine was a male with still the full black head and grey back but a very blotchy red breast in partial moult.
Well spotted to Nigel in a very unusual place for a Redstart and thanks for the call.
BS