WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Sunday, October 3, 2010

Seek and ye will find. Ogden p.m.

NKs Wigeon. A mega tick for Queensbury.
The Wigeon today is a female but the one on NKs photo yesterday I put as a male in eclipse. Is it a different bird or was it the light on Nigels photo ? will have to compare the two later. Yet another problem!

I wasnt happy with this mornings Wigeon search and I couldnt see that it would have moved off in last nights weather so when the family bit was finished I donned on my already wet gear and set off again in the rain for another attempt. Luckily the weather brightened and things started to look up when I came across 2 Greylags by the water, a bit of a rarety for here. As I got round to the east side I picked up the Wigeon in amongst Mallards by the shore.Problem was the bushes were high in that area and I had to wait till it moved to a clearer bit for any photos. I strode back along Syke Lane feeling pleased with myself and just when I thought it was all over I found 16 Mistle Thrush and 4 Song Thrush on the wires and in the trees at the bottom of Ned Hill.  As some of the Mistles flew over I got the schack call of a Fieldfare but as it couldnt be seen I dismissed it. Thanks to Nigels photo a poor weekend turned into a stonker.
BS