8 juv + 1 ad pr Pheasant in lagoon area.
A mix of Reed Buntings and Stonechats.
Stonechat in moult.
Several Meadow Pipits.
A part cloudy, part sunny morning at Fly Flatts on a moderate NW4 at 9 degrees.
The shoreline all around the water still remains empty with no waders and no gulls this morning apart from 3 fly over LBB heading >NW. The water held 26 Canada and 2 Greylag geese along with a female Mallard and a drake Tufted.
The compound bushes were lively with 5 Stonechat and 2 Reed Bunting as well as several Mipits and 2 Wrens. Up above, 2 Buzzards were soaring over the Nab along with 2 Raven.
Vis mig wise, a steady constant trickle of Meadow Pipits >SW, whilst Swallows headed >W over the water. The highlight of the morning was, as I was scanning the sky from inside the compound I picked up a Great White Egret very high over the water and heading >NE away from me. In the few seconds it took to drop the bins and raise the camera the bird had disappeared into the milky sky. The last Great White Egret I got over Fly Flatts, on the same flight path, was 18/10/2017, which was a first for Calderdale but are more common to the area now, as is the Little Egret after I got the first 2 for Calderdale at Elland Gravel Pits 5/5/2003 but are now a reasonably common sight.
A dry day given for tomorrow until rain appears early evening. A moderate SW starting at 9 degrees.
BS