WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Monday, December 26, 2011

An amazing experience on Soil Hill

                           




                                         


An hour on the hill this afternoon in a WSW>7 gusting 8 near gale force wind but dry.
Hoping for some Goldie photos but the north summit was bear other than 4 Skylarks, so it was back to the Snow Bunts with 5 well spread out birds showing.
After Id got a few snaps Keith Moir appeared and we watched the birds before I started to walk off to leave with Keith going to check the grass area. As I neared the southern edge of the area I stopped dead when I saw 1 Snow Bunt 8ft away from me so I carefully knelt down with the tripod low to take some pictures but as I did so the bird kept coming nearer to me. Keith was by now stood to my right watching this develop as the bird carried on feeding towards me and even though I shut the zoom right down it was too near to focus. We both watched in disbelief as the bird passed me near enough for me to touch it and then along came another 2 which did the same. I felt like David Attenborough knelt there surrounded with Snow Buntings, what an experience with such amazing birds.
BS