WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Saturday, April 2, 2011

What a night.

Started off badly at 1800hrs with a quick trip with the dogs to Ned Hill to check Soil Hills western end only to find the ignorant land owner from the bottom farm riding round his fields on his quad bike. On seeing me walking he decided to fly past me a few time  along the track and as I walked up the hill he flew past me putting everything up and rode round and round the hill with a slimy smirk on his face. I had to call it a do and come away which is what he wanted for as I went so did he. I hope he doesnt come off and break his neck!!!
Anyway, in the end he did me a favour,making me find a fresh venue. Thirty minutes skywatching from Roper Lane found a few Mipits, 3 Alba Wagtails 5 Goosander heading for Oxenhope and then Jackpot. Three very distant birds were coming from the SE over Saddleworth Moor heading north. Two of the birds kept breaking away and soaring above the third and as they got closer it was obvious that these 2 were Buzzards. The lower bird now nearer was an OSPREY with kept dipping down as the Buzzards dropped towards it. Suddenly the Buzzards veered off back towards Saddleworth and the Osprey continued north looking from where I was as if it was going directly over Stoodley Pike.
As if this wasnt enough I got the mystery bird shown below as I arrived home .
An excellent night but I still hope the t*+t on the bike ends up through a dry stone wall.
BS