WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Saturday, January 13, 2018

Tuther side ot Nab, Leeshaw Reservoir.

                       3m 2f Goosander


 Solitary LBB amongst c50 Commons and Black Headeds.

With Fly Flatts shrouded in fog it was a journey to the other side of the Nab arriving at Leeshaw reservoir at 1500 hrs with clear skies on a cool S>4 but very dull lighting. The large expanse of shoreline has at last given way to the rising water and is now non existent.
                                                              The gulls were confined to the walls and gantry so numbers well down to around 50 small gulls and a single Lesser Black Backed although around 27 Herring gulls passed overhead all very high and >N. The gulls on the deck left for the Oxenhope roost at 1545 hrs.  Also present on the water were 3 Cormorants along with 3m and 2f  Goosanders plus the usual Mallards.
                                    Surprisingly the fields to the north of the reservoir that are usually full of winter thrushes at this time of year held only Pheasants and Corvids.
A Robin alongside the track and 5 Stock Doves in the field completed the species list on a very quiet watch.
          After a thorough search this week for the Canon SX 60x bridge camera which I carried everywhere in my pocket , to and from work , dog walks and shopping trips etc but was missing when the skein of Pinkies went over Foxhill the other day has obviously gone walk about having probably dropped out of my pocket in the park onto grass so I didnt hear it. Its dropped out of my pocket onto the pavement before today but always carried on working.
                                                                Thats the third good camera I,ve lost now, the other 2 being DSLR Canons. One left on a wall and one early one morning at Ogden when I put it in my bag but missed and it dropped in the snow. When I got back to the car park I realised what I had done and dashed back to the spot that I used it last but it had gone and that was only 0800 hrs in the morning.
                                                   I told them at the info centre in case it got handed in and in the afternoon I called in at Halifax Police Station and told the officer on the desk. When he had stopped laughing he said " Do you really think that will get handed in", and he was right.
                                                      I,ll have to get a replacement now so I need a smaller camera or a bigger pocket.
BS