WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Thursday, March 9, 2017

Fly Flatts


Fly Flatts. 1500 - 1600 hrs Cool W>5, sunny with good visibility.

Back to Fly Flatts for a bit of sky watching and to check out the Stonechat situation.
Yesterdays 6 Stonechats were still around the same area although at greater distance even moving down near to the water whilst a pair were seen briefly at Withins Gap across the road from the stables.
A Raven flew directly above me which I never saw until it cronked leaving it too late for a photo, that will teach me to keep my head down trying to get Stonechat pics.
                                                              Two Oystercatchers were present as well as 4 Curlew but the water and sky were quiet. Bit early for Wheatear yet although the first Calderdale bird arrived 15th March in 2012.
3 Kestrels were up in the wind off the Nab.

I have a Canon 60 x bridge camera that I carry to work and everywhere with me and I have always been pleased with it, as I am with my Canon SLRs but today I invested in a Nikon P900 bridge camera as a stand by for when it is too wet to take big Bertha out. This camera is suppose to be the state of the ark in bridge cameras with a massive 83 x zoom so we,ll see if it proves itself. I havent had time to try it out yet but took this Starling on a chimney pot binocular distance away set at 600 mm which is the same as big Bertha and the result seems pretty impressive.

BS