WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Monday, December 12, 2016

Pinkies for Queensbury, Waxwings for Halifax, Nowt for Soil Hill.

        Very high skein of 108 noisy Pinkies >SW
                over Foxhill 1240 hrs.



  Amazingly long streamer behind.


One of those good birding days without even trying.
A deteriorating day up here in Hillbilly country with a decent morning then rain by mid day and fog by mid afternoon.  1230 hrs and getting to take the dogs out for their dinnertime walk when I realized I had left the camera, that I carry everywhere , in the kitchen but it was dull and raining so I thought I would,nt go back for it but then thinking I,d regret leaving it if something turned up I went to get it.
As I came out of the door and starting to put the dogs leads on I heard a familiar noise high above me, PINKIES !
Up with the camera then put them out on the grapevine as they headed south of Odgen in a sw direction, 108 of them, counted later from photos.
Once again proving always have a camera with you. Imagine how I would have felt now if I had,nt returned for mine.

Next a shopping trip to the Range, Halifax and on the way back whilst stood in the usual traffic queues 4 Waxwings flew over the car and dropped into Alder trees in the middle of the Burdock Way roundabout, one time the camera did,nt come in to use as the lights changed and away we went.

Back to Queensbury in the fog but 1425hrs so time for a quick search for the alleged Snow Bunting as even though it was foggy ground visibility was enough to look for the target bird.
I was last in the queue up there today following NK, JL, DB and Daniel B who was just leaving as I arrived.
A trudge around yesterdays sighting area found nothing , as did a search of a wider area, but Queensbury birders don,t give up that easy so we,ll be back.
BS