WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Sunday, July 5, 2015

Soil Hill Spectacular

             Storm moving >E across the valley

             LBB gulls ahead of the storm.



Arrived at Soil Hill at 1600 hrs with the intentions of  doing a Twite check and on arrival near the feeding area I could see it was lively with small birds, Linnets, Skylarks and Mipits, so I got in a position where I could check them out, thats when it all started to happen.
Dark clouds were rolling over and the wind suddenly got up to a near gale force W>6 which scattered the birds in all directions for shelter.
Looking to the South over Calderdale a massive storm was moving >E with heavy rain clouds and some amazing fork lightening which I tried in vain to snap but with the big camera you can only hold it up so long before your arms ache and every time I lowered it down it flashed so in the end I gave up.
With watching over the valley I had,nt noticed a second storm approaching from the NW which was now almost over me with lightening and large spots of rain starting to fall.
Being a wise man I thought , being on the top of Soil Hill with a aluminium tripod like a giant lightening conductor is not the place to be, so it was down with the Nyjer seed and head for the car.
By the time I got to the car hailstones like frozen peas were pebble dashing me so it was head for home and leave the Twite to the weekday boys.
BS