WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Saturday, January 17, 2015

Horton Country Park Mute Swans

Just received this reply from Judy Hogg about the Mute Swans pictured below.
Many thanks to Judy for her prompt reply and information and thanks to NK for passing on the report.

Dear Mr Sumner,
    Nigel sent me a message telling me about the swans you have reported. I am happy to tell you what I know about them.
    I first saw them there in February 2014. They bred and hatched just the two cygnets. One was taken away by the RSPCA after a member of the public reported it to them as being in distress (a fishing hook I believe) and despite several phone calls by myself to the RSPCA was never seen again and they were unable to tell me what had happened to it.
    The two adults and the remaining cygnet were ringed on 12/08/14 by Dan Sidley on behalf of the Sorby Breck ringing group. The male is 696 the female 695 and the female cygnet 694. 694 can be found at Wibsey Park at present. There are also a pair of Mutes who have bred for the last 3 years at Park Dam, Royds Hall and a couple of their this year’s young are at Harold Park. One has well and truly flown and has been reported at Boston Spa.
    I hope this is of some interest to you and if you want to know any more about the local mute population I will do my best to find out for you.
    
             Kind regards,
                 Judy Hogg

BS