WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Birding from work

                     Queensbury M.O.T.  watch point.
                 Looking > W
                       Looking >SE

                          Looking > NW

                      Sometimes I,ve to peer through the chimneys
                                    Looking >N
                                 Looking >NNW  the winter thrush highway.

Just to give you an idea of the view points I have from work as you,ll keep reading my bird reports from there.
As you can see I,ve no distant horizontal vision being surrounded with houses but I have a decent all round sky vision which goes to show you can bird from anywhere and at any time. Problem here is work gets in the way but the garage doors are wide open all day and I,m in and out of the car park regular so apart from a stiff neck at tea time all works well.
Apart from that I get regular text from DJS at Calderbirds which tells me if anything is heading in my direction and the lads at Oxenhope keep me informed of movement during the vis mig season.

I,ve worked at this garage for 26 years now and clocked up 65 species including Osprey , Red Kite, several Buzzard, Peregrine, Woodcock, Waxwing, Rock Pipit , Snow Bunting plus large counts of vis mig Redwing, Fieldfare, Woodpigeon , Pink Footed Geese and Meadow Pipits.

With camera always at the ready plus the walk to and from work and a dog walk at lunch time every days a birding day for me.
BS