WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 HRS.

ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES, INPUT ETC WILL BE WELCOME AND CAN BE SENT DIRECT TO THE COMMENT BOX OR
E MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, ALTERNATIVELY
TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com


Monday, November 26, 2012

Tawny Owl back at its Queensbury roost.

                   Tawny Owl at undisclosed site.

Thanks to a Queensbury resident that took the above photos in his garden and sent them on to me.
The Tawny Owl is one of two which roosted there over last spring then disappeared over the breeding season and now one has returned and taken up residence in the same tree.
Hopefully the bird will stay and the garden owner has mentioned having a nest box erected.
BS

7 comments:

Tracy C said...

Gorgeous Brian. I wish I had a tree like that!

NigelK said...

Good news and great shots.

Brian Sumner . said...

Me too Tracy apart from the early morning and late night calls.

He,s just bought the same camera as you and Tracy Nigel.

Tracy C said...

I wouldn't mind that - I have brought up 4 kids I am used to ignoring noises!

A winning camera then.

I wonder where its partner is?

Brian Sumner . said...

You deserve a medal.!

I dont think the owls were a pair, they looked like young ones from the same brood so may have gone their separate ways. Watch this space.

Tracy C said...

Thanks!

Lets hope this one attracts a mate then. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

I always used to study post in news papers but now as
I am a user of net therefore from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.
Here is my blog post - errol denton