WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 HRS.

ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES, INPUT ETC WILL BE WELCOME AND CAN BE SENT DIRECT TO THE COMMENT BOX OR
E MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, ALTERNATIVELY
TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com


Sunday, August 26, 2012

Green Lane/ Ringby Top

                                      Green Lane Buzzard
     Unfortunately the bird was between the sun and me.

                                           Disappearing over Ringby Top

          Controversy, Curlew / Whimbrel mix ?
 This mad crow had a go at mobbing me
                     Its wing hit the lens at one point.

Green Lane, 1700-1730hrs,  Ringby 1740-1830hrs.
It all started quiet photographing the 3 Little Owls which were all showing followed by a bit of gull watching until a Buzzard came over from the east heading slowly SW over the top of Ringby Quarry. Once over the top of Ringby it began circling and even hovered briefly before being mobbed by corvids.
A quick car dash to Ringby and up onto the top to get a 360 deg view but no sign of the bird although the corvids were still creating and very fidgety .
I had alerted DJS who failed to see it so it must have changed direction over Shibden but as I was scanning to the west I got the 7 note Whimbrel call and saw 4 birds to the SW of me and by this time distant. Another quick call to DJS who alerted NCD at Mt Tabor who picked up the birds the same as Id seen them, 3 together and one seperate but he got a possible short Curlew/ Whimbrel type call so possibly a mixed group? will have to study the photo.
To finish off with a suicide crow started mobbing me and at one point hit its wing on the lens then got fed up and flew off, probably hyped up from the Buzzard.  Quite an evening.
BS

18 comments:

Ken said...

wow Brian, fantastic shots. I'll race you to green lane tomorow,,,,,ha

Ken said...

wow Brian, fantastic shots. I'll race you to green lane tomorow,,,,,ha

Brian Sumner . said...

Straight to Ringby Top tomorrow pm weather permitting Ken.

DJSutcliffe said...

Miffed I couldn't spot your Buzzard Bri. We tried hard from the house but just one bit we could't see and I bet that's where it was. Thanks for the call though.
You had quite a day - will have to watch out for that Crow!!
Fantastic do with the Whimbrel - just not in our direction but glad Nick picked them up at the Mount Tabor watchpoint.

DJSutcliffe said...

Great shots of the buzzard by the way, looks like a ragged adult but always a great bird to see.

Anonymous said...

I think that what you said made a ton of sense. But, what about this?
suppose you were to write a killer title? I am not saying your content is not good.

, but what if you added something that grabbed a person's attention? I mean "Green Lane/ Ringby Top" is kinda boring. You could peek at Yahoo's home page
and see how they create article headlines to grab viewers interested.
You might try adding a video or a related picture or two
to get people interested about what you've written. In my opinion, it might bring your posts a little bit more interesting.

My web page - Kris Letang Black Jersey

Anonymous said...

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you actually know
what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also seek advice from my website =).
We could have a hyperlink trade contract between us

Here is my page ... cheapjerseys01

Anonymous said...

I used to be suggested this blog by means of
my cousin. I'm now not certain whether or not this publish is written by him as nobody else recognise such specified about my problem. You're amazing!
Thanks!

Here is my web blog Sidney Crosby Jersey

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your weblog the use of msn.

That is a very neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read
extra of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.

Feel free to visit my website :: Learn More

Anonymous said...

Hi there i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace, when i
read this paragraph i thought i could also create comment due to this brilliant post.


Feel free to visit my web page ... Louis Vuitton Handbags

Anonymous said...

Truly no matter if someone doesn't understand then its up to other users that they will help, so here it takes place.

Look at my page - Air Jordan Pas Cher

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your weblog using msn. That is a
really smartly written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly comeback.


Here is my web-site ... Mulberry Outlet UK

Anonymous said...

I got this web site from my buddy who informed me concerning this
web page and at the moment this time I am visiting this web site and reading very informative
content at this time.

Feel free to surf to my web-site :: http://wealthwayonline.com/evgenimalkinjersey.html

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to find this web site. I want to to thank you for ones time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely liked every part of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to check out new information on your site.

Stop by my weblog: Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags

Anonymous said...

I enjoy what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work
and reporting! Keep up the amazing works guys I've included you guys to my personal blogroll.

my web blog; Air Max

Anonymous said...

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this put up and if I may I want to suggest you few interesting issues or tips. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more issues approximately it!

Here is my webpage :: Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

Anonymous said...

It's perfect time to make some plans for the long run and it's time
to be happy. I have read this put up and if I may just I wish to suggest you few
attention-grabbing issues or suggestions. Maybe you can write next
articles referring to this article. I wish to read even
more things approximately it!

my web blog - Air Jordan 2013

Anonymous said...

Hey! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My blog looks weird when browsing from my iphone. I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might be
able to resolve this problem. If you have any suggestions,
please share. With thanks!

My blog post :: Sac Guess