WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 HRS.

ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES, INPUT ETC WILL BE WELCOME AND CAN BE SENT DIRECT TO THE COMMENT BOX OR
E MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, ALTERNATIVELY
TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com


Friday, December 23, 2011

What a grey day.

A terrible day up on the tops today with heavy rain throughout and a strong >NW 4-5. By dark the sky had cleared and freezing was taking place so hopefully we could get a clear weekend but still the wind to contend with.
I,ve been told birding is off this Sunday for some reason but I,ll be back at it on my 2 days off, Monday and Tuesday to try and top up my annual local list which is about 4 birds down on last years.
Some commoners missing are Woodcock, Brambling, Whooper Swan, Stonechat , SEO and Waxwing.
Also did poor on waders during passage time, oh well, theres always next year.
BS

3 comments:

DJSutcliffe said...

Same as me Bri, I'm 4 down on locals from last year too. Seem to be short on one or two I would have expected (like Shelduck)! And Dotterel !!!! But waders a bit better than last year with Fly Flats picking up a few. What about a lap bunt to finish off Soil Hill for this year.

Brian Sumner . said...

Leave it to me !

Dean said...

Good luck during your 2 days off, Brian. Hope they bring something decent your way.