WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING

BRIAN SUMNER.
WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 hrs.

FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES OR QUESTIONS DIRECT TO MY E.MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, OTHERWISE TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

ALL IMAGES ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA WITH
NO PHOTOSHOP TUNING. TAKEN ON J PEG.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com

NOTE !!
No sightings of Roe Deer, Fox, Hare or Badger will be mentioned on this blog throughout the year and links will be removed from other blogs giving the whereabouts of these mammals due to the rising influx of poaching, long dogging and lamping by sick individuals.
BS




Sunday, December 4, 2011

Soil Hill Re visited





A bit of a clear window in the weather when we got back from the dreaded christmas shopping this p.m. so it was back into my still wet from this morning birding clothes and head for the hill.
Almost immediately I saw the three Snow Bunts fly from the far side of the summit and drop down towards the bottom of the hill but I was hopeful they had gone full circle and returned.
After 1 hour of a full scale search and rapidly running out of light I decided to call it a draw after 1 final sweep on the way back to the road..As I neared the SE corner a movement caught my eye like a mouse running across one of the ruts and there it was, a Snow Bunting, then another, then the third.
By now the light was well on its way, hence the poor photos , so out of about 30 taken at 400mm these were the best I could salvage, the rest being blurred.
At least perseverance had payed off and I had my photos but now I want some better ones, roll on next weekend.
BS