WELCOME TO ( WEST YORKSHIRE BIRDING )
KEEPING BIRDING LOCAL.

BLOG UPDATED DAILY AROUND 2000 HRS.

ANY COMMENTS, QUERIES, INPUT ETC WILL BE WELCOME AND CAN BE SENT DIRECT TO THE COMMENT BOX OR
E MAIL AT THE ADDRESS BELOW, ALTERNATIVELY
TEXT OR WHATSAPP. 07771 705024.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM.

E MAIL ADDRESS :-
Briansumner51@hotmail.com


Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ringby Top

Drax looking east
Studley Pike looking west

Halifax Town looking south/west

Ringby, p.m.visit
A calm but cool late afternoon up on the tops but good visibility. Several Meadow Pipits were feeding along with Skylarks but harder to see now in the long grass where the feeding area used to be.Most birds now seem to prefer the shorelark field.
No geese on the move but 3 Herring gulls headed west closly followed by a single GBB gull also west.
Several Goosanders flew up the valley>N probably heading for the Oxenhope roost and the usual high number of corvids was present.

18 Meadow Pipit
7 Skylark
6f 3m Goosander.................>N
3 Herring gull.......................>W
1 GBB gull............................>W
+ c150 corvids

Beware of one very pale Meadow Pipit up there, it gave me the run around with heart pumping for a while till I got on it properly and its definately a Mipit but very pale phase.
BS
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

DJSutcliffe said...

No wonder I couldn't find you up Soil Hill this afternoon Brian! Your rock looked very lonely!!!Mind you there was a biker charging about so I didn't stay long. I will watch out for the pale pipit this week.

DJSutcliffe said...

That's the first time up Soil Hill I have spotted the white horse in limestone in the distance - is it at Kilburn?

Brian Sumner said...

Yes thats the one Dave, sorry I missed you on Soil,Im up there near on every Sunday but thought Id try Ringby whilst there was a good clear sunset. You can usually pick up PF Geese in the brightness beyond Studley Pike.
Glad you mentioned the rock, I wondered where Id left it, I usually take it up Ringby with me.
Next week I aim to drop it on that bikers head!

Brian Sumner said...

Little did I know till I saw the evening news that the time I took that photo of Drax it was on fire and surrounded with fire engines!

Brian Sumner said...

PS Good one on the Ogden Waxwings Dave